This week was certainly better than last week, but I'm still falling short in so many categories that it's frustrating.
1. Planted: Oh, let's see... Planted an avocado pit from a store bought avocado, spaghetti squash, a variety of summer squash which I can't think of off the top of my head, a couple of sunflowers to replace corn that was stolen by the squirrels, potatoes, Black Turtle bush beans, dill 'Bouquet' (Anethum graveolens). HA! That's 7!
2. Harvest something: Got just a couple strawberries this week, but none of them made it beyond the garden. Annie ate 'em right then and there! Also harvested some more Rosalita lettuce.
3. Preserve something: Nothing.
4. Prep something: Prepped the bed for the beans and potatoes, started on the next bed. Looked into the benefits of metal roofing since our current roof is going to need to be replaced soon and metal roofing is being touted as "green."
5. Cook something: While not technically cooking, I made the yummiest taco salad ever using our homegrown lettuce. I thought we'd have plenty for dinner that night and lunch the next day. Uh-uh.
6. Manage your reserves: Weeding, weeding, and more weeding.
7. Work on local food systems: Nope.
8. Reduce waste: Began using my urine as fertilizer rather than flushing it down the toilet. Other than that, nothing beyond the ordinary composting, eBaying, and Freecycling.
9. Learn a new skill: Learned all about Liquid Gold while participating in the Golden Showers Garden Party. I was already quite skilled at peeing, but hey! I had to learn how to properly dilute it...