Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Sting



Ouch! Yes, that's a baking soda paste (add enough water to baking soda to make a paste with the consistency of peanut butter) on my foot. On Sunday, I was trying to get the kids indoors before a big storm hit, and unfortunately I stepped on a poor little bee. Since I was carrying The Bean, I couldn't get the stinger out right away and was pumped full of venom. My foot's been painfully swollen and itchy since then. I've been using cold compresses, but since the wound is on the bottom of my foot, any walking aggravates the itching and makes it swell further until the throbbing is enough to make me sit down and elevate it. Not much is getting done around here, I'm afraid! First the cold that Daniel brought home, now the bee sting. *sigh*

Next year, I fully intend to have some herbal remedies for bee stings in stock. I'm looking at calendula salve, lavender essential oil, and apple cider vinegar as possibilities...

UPDATE: No sooner did I type this than there was no more pain and itching... Magic!

No comments: