Monday, July 21, 2008

What's Blooming in My Garden-- July 21, 2008

So much is blooming this week. This is the time of year when everything starts to come at the same time. I LOVE it! So many "mini suns" gracing my garden with their happy faces.


The first of the German chamomile (Matricaria recutita), one of my favorites. Such cheerful flowers, and there are so many uses for it! I love a good multi-tasker in my garden. :)


A dwarf sunflower (Helianthus anuus). I'm not sure what variety this is because I seeded it from a sunflower border mix. It's the first sunflower to bloom in my garden though, so I will be saving seeds from this one for sure.


Catnip (Nepeta cataria)


Can you tell that the bees love the borage (Borago officinalis)? This grows a little wild in the strawberry patch.


Another sunflower of unknown variety. It's absolutely GORGEOUS though, with purple tipped foliage and these insanely dark-colored flowers. Yum.


The delicate blossoms of 'Kentucky Wonder' beans (Phaseolus vulgaris), as beautiful as any ornamental.


Rudbeckia hirta, Black-eyed Susan, getting started.

No comments: