Saturday, August 9, 2008

A Little Wowed...

First let me give a very warm welcome to all of the readers who have been popping over from Wasted Food. I'm amazed at the number of hits our little homestead got on the 8th! I'd never read Jonathan's blog before, but it started coming across as a referring URL, and I was a bit shocked. He may not completely agree with my post about wasting food for kids crafts, but I'll forgive him. This once. ;) His blog looks quite interesting, so please surf on over and check out his project. And by all means, I hope some of you who are new to this site stick around. Community, community, community. That's what it's all about.

Second, I have to share with y'all my most *ahem* interesting blog referral, just for the fun of it. Apparently someone found BobbleHead Owl by googling... "golden showers." Of course, they came across my Golden Showers Garden Party results. Leave it to Crunchy to bring in the hits...

Third, the picture has nothing to do with anything. I took it on our recent trip to the zoo (wow... you guys got away without seeing a billion zoo pictures? I HAVE been slacking!) and just find it very soothing. So you're stuck with it.

And last, I apologize for the lull in posting here. I won't bog you down with more whining, but I hope to get things started up again soon. I at least have a few book reviews waiting in the wings, promise. I have a birthday coming up soon too (gasp!), so I'll be sharing my first childhood recipe.

I can already feel summer coming to a close. It was only 72 degrees in the house when we woke this morning. The air conditioning hadn't been on all night. The corn is coming in here at the homestead, which means I'm glutting myself on it. God, it's good! Here's hoping everyone has a fun, refreshing weekend.

No comments: