Monday, August 4, 2008

Independence Days Challenge-- Week 9

It's been a rough week emotionally. The pregnancy hormones are kickin' my ass, especially with some of the changes coming up around here and rabid eBayer's and their ridiculousness. If I'm not having a panic attack, I'm wanting to bawl or put my fist through a wall. Fun times.

1. Planted: Nothing.

2. Harvest something: Raspberry leaves, borage, Kentucky Wonder beans, Scarlett Runner Beans.

3. Preserve something: Dried raspberry leaves for later use.

4. Prep something: Dried the raspberry leaves to use during my pregnancy. Began reading Eliot Coleman's Four-Season Harvest in the hopes that I can still get a little more out of the garden this year.

5. Cook something: Sweet and sour fresh green beans. I wasn't thrilled with it, but pregnancy is doing weird things to my taste buds. I'm having a difficult time getting any veggie down.

6. Manage your reserves: Using up veggies in storage that were beginning to be past their prime.

7. Work on local food systems: Nope.

8. Reduce waste: Nothing beyond the ordinary composting, eBaying, and Freecycling.

9. Learn a new skill: Nothing.

No comments: