Monday, July 7, 2008

What's Blooming in My Garden-- July 7, 2008


Ohhhhh, sweet lavender (Lavandula angustifolia). I'm so glad you're blooming this year! This is the 'Provence' cultivar. It's become painfully apparent that I need about a billion more lavender plants because there are far too many uses for this herb. My one little plant just can't keep up with me!


I finally let the lemon balm (Melissa officinalis) flower after several very large leaf harvests for tea. This plant is absolutely humongous now, about as tall as and wider than our air conditioning unit!


My first St. Johns Wort (Hypericum perforatum) blossom. I couldn't be more excited about this because I get dreadfully depressed in the winter. I'm looking forward to trying a SWJ tincture when the days darken.

No comments: