Thursday, June 12, 2008

Got Crisco?

The Husband and I have a running argument--er, debate--going on which is better: Crisco or lard? Can you guess which I prefer...? Hint: It ain't the Crisco!

Regardless of the fact that I'm the one that does 99% of the cooking around here, The Husband does do some cooking for himself, so we somehow managed to obtain one of those big blue cans of Crisco. *sigh* Since it's there, I have to use it for something, right? And I'll be damned if I'm gonna cook with it! So, Sleepytime Balm it is. Only, I don't like that recipe. LOL Doesn't it seem that orange essential oil would be stimulating rather than relaxing? Instead, I used:

1/4 cup of room temperature Crisco
10 drops Chamomile essential oil
2 drops St. Johns Wort

We've missed A LOT of sleep around here lately with all the coughing and sickness nightmares, so we put this balm right to work...

Shhhhh...

No comments: