Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Civic Duty--Done!

I've purposely kept this blog free of my political leanings as much as possible, which I hope you all appreciate. I'm not at all afraid of entering into political discourse, but this election has been so LONG and drawn out that I figure we all need a place where we can take a break. So, never fear, today's post is not about who I voted for or why, simply that I voted at all.

We voted quickly and easily today. Oh, how I love small towns! I had to wait about 5 minutes (maybe less) for a machine to open up, but that was it. The machine gave me no problems, and I checked the paper print to make sure that everything was cast correctly. Airius voted with me because he liked my candidate best, but Annie and Callie voted with their Daddy. We're all proudly sporting out stickers. I'd love to show you some adorable pictures of the kids taking part in democracy, but my camera battery died just as we were done voting. *sigh* I definitely need to pay closer attention to that.

The kids are both home from school today because their bellies aren't feeling completely well yet. I had to pick Annie up from school yesterday because she spent all but 15 minutes out of an hour and a half in the bathroom, so they won't let her come back until she's symptom free for at least 24 hours. The Husband's home too because, well, he has a flexible schedule and really wants to watch every. second. of. political. coverage.

Soooooo... that's what I'll be doing for the rest of the day. Cleaning up bodily explosions from my children and listening to non-stop, blaringly loud election coverage. Did I mention that The Husband is an old man? :)

No comments: